Solar Lighting "Brand Strategy and Positioning
Mar 31,2022 UPDATE + Outdoor LED Solar Lights
The business under consideration is a B2B seller for solar lighting. It has been in operation since 2015. The intention is to create a B2C brand selling on Amazon.com.
It is important for the product being sold to employ the best and various B2C strategies to win more sales. The strategies recommended are those that allow them to offer fast, efficient, transparent and personal experiences.
The first step for any new business is to ponder how to occupy space inside a target consumer’s mind, which is called ‘Brand Positioning’. It can also be termed as a consumer’s perception of a brand with respect to competing brands. That is exactly what Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd will be looking at in the market.
Given that the keyword “Solar outdoor light” is a strong keyword, its positioning needs to include the combination of the product of keyword and the ASIN “B07WH6LH78”.
Brand Strategy and Positioning
1、Find and Position the Product in the Niche Market
Finding a Niche Market. The way to succeed is to start focusing on a small niche market. The focus of Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd should just be on the electronics segment. There is need to focus on a particular need, work on it, make the product distinctive and dominate the niche market. Smaller the segment, it is easier for the entire company to focus and meet the customer needs, wants and desires. Once you become a leader in the niche market, you could move to the larger markets. So, the first step is to position the brand for the niche market.
2、Adopt More of Guide and Be less of Salesperson
It is necessary to understand that the customers are savvier than ever about researching consumer and business products and services. Given that the product and the company is coming in well researched, it is anticipated that they will be more helpful as a guide – much like retail salespeople – than salesperson. There is need also to support the buying decisions with insider information that customers cannot get in online searches – compelling case studies, conversations with happy customers, road tested tips on saving money or maximizing product use. Steer them to independent reviews, analysis and research they might not find in searches.
3、Develop a strategic approach.
This is as much as distribution question as it is marketing, so it is required that the persons in charge engages the entire go-to-market team to develop a strategy. They should begin by asking these key questions:
- What areas of our product line are suited to ecommerce? In B2B, the answer usually begins with the aftermarket, like parts.
- How can we leverage ecommerce without causing strife in our existing distribution channel relationships?
- Are there elements of our current selling process that could benefit from digital automation? The first step in B2B was e-procurement and EDI. Where else can we find opportunity for speed and savings
- Review your options.
The landscape of existing B2C seller marketplace options is already well populated. It is important to check what the competitors may be doing on the majors. Then look at activity in your industry as a whole. Compare and learn from them.
- Consideration of the end customer First
B2C companies have become much more focused in the last decade. For instance, many smaller, premium grocers and some discounters have bubbled out of a mundane, mainstream industry. They are creating a smaller market out of the bigger industry by focusing on what segments of shoppers would want.
Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd can use this strategy by personalizing more and zeroing in on the end customer – the person or group who will have the most contact with your solution. From qualifying to presenting, Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd should find and emphasize the ways the end customer will benefit from their solution. There will still be need to highlight benefits for the decision-makers, but you can close more sales by proving benefits for everyone.
- Create more one-click experiences
Even if Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd has online ordering (now), they can create more one-click experiences for customers. “One-click experiences” are about ease of doing business, not just about the single effort to make a purchase.
With tools such as 24/7 access and support, price transparency and personalization, Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd buyers have all of the information they need to quickly provide answers to the final decision maker’s questions on demand.
It’s essential in Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd because their customers are consumers outside of their professional roles. They’re used to having all the information they need at their fingertips and prefer it in their professional lives, too.
Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd should consider that some characteristics do not need to perfectly replicate the B2C process, such as the idea of simplicity. There is need for simplicity for the buyers and it may mean being able to pay with an invoice or deliver a quick quote for their procurement team. Similarly, price transparency may be more advanced than just having a published price easily available.
- Recognition and responding to new Service Attitude
Customers’ attitudes over the continued help, support and service provided has changed. The customers are currently expecting order tracking, instant invoices, payment options and automated reports because B2C businesses easily provide all that. Many prefer to be left alone, too – opting for self-service and YouTube or FAQ troubleshooting.
While this may sound like you can take a step back from servicing customers because they prefer a hands-off, automated service, that’s not the case. Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd need to oversee accounts with a B2C approach to service. Set up communication at regular intervals, always with an option for customers to contact you directly for personal attention. You can send tip sheets, links to more details – any great content – so they get the service and support like the other B2C providers.
- Improve on the Social Media
B2C companies generally engage with customers in social media more than B2B sellers. It makes some sense: Social media is a more laid back platform. It is necessary for Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd to make their decision before the first conversation with a salesperson, and social selling enables interactions early on in the process. Through the social selling, there is fostering of customer engagement on a human level and allows the exchange of valuable information to customers at the right time.
Some social selling techniques that Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd can try includes:
Use Facebook posts to move buyers to your landing page where they can get more information. To get posts right.
- Pick one specific goal for each post and only include content that hits it
- Keep it to just about 70 characters. Engage prospects quickly with a short list or question
- Include an image or photo with a link, and
- Make it easy for people to click through to the landing page where you capture contacts.
LinkedIn is a professional connecting tool you can use to up social media activity with the right contacts.
- Try LinkedIn Sales Navigator to get a list of LinkedIn profiles, Twitter handles, Skype accounts and other tools associated with email addresses in your Gmail contacts. Then you can align the lists and send personalized LinkedIn invitations from your inbox.
- Find, follow and connect with power users – the celebrity-sort in your profession or industry. Sales Navigator can help you see how big the network is for so-called influencers and determine if they’re people you want to connect with who can help you spread your word – in posts and blogs – to increase your visibility and connections.
- Join and participate in groups. Get involved in the groups by sharing insight and offering valuable information – but not selling.
Two tactics that Shenzhen Update Electronics Co., Ltd can use on Twitter:
- Maximize the tweets. To get more people to look at your tweets, pin them to your profile. Pinned tweets sit at the top of your page so they’re the first thing buyers see when they get on your Twitter. You might pin a tweet that links to your most effective landing page with an opt-in form or gated piece of content.
- Join Twitter Chats related to a topic you’re an expert on. Participants can chime in on hosted chats. Some have invited guests who answer a few questions. Positioning the company as the invited guest would be key to generate more retweets, mentions, follows and leads.